Battle of The Burgers Restaurant Registration - Step 1
Visit Temecula Valley will hold its 3rd Annual Battle of the Burgers on Saturday, October 19, 2019, at Pechanga Resort Casino. Approximately 20 restaurants are expected to compete for the championship title. A “Loaded Fries” competition will include thirteen Pechanga Resort Casino executive chefs partnering with third year Career Technical Education (CTE) students through Temecula Valley Unified School District. The students will team up with the chefs to create their Loaded Fries recipes and will be the executive chefs for the day while Pechanga chefs will be their sous chefs.
Temecula Valley High School will sell tickets to the event at ($20 General Admission, $15 Seniors, $25 At the door) each as a fundraiser for the culinary department. Tickets will be available to purchase online.
Please complete the form below, along with your $50 entry fee payment to register for Battle of the Burgers! Need more information? Please email us!
Terms and Conditions
- Restaurants will provide their own cooking equipment and tools.
- Restaurants will provide their own ingredients.
- Your burger must be a menu item at your restaurant through January 31, 2020
- Restaurants must estimate enough ingredients for number of attendees. Each burger will be cut into quarters for the public.
- Chefs are to provide one burger for display in the judges’ area at specified time
- Restaurants can arrive at The Summit, Pechanga Resort Casino at 9:00 a.m. to set up and must breakdown at 4:00 p.m. and be completed by 6:00 p.m. The event will turn restaurants away if entering event set up area after 11:30 a.m.
- There will be at least one volunteer per restaurant to assist as needed.
- Restaurants will supply a table linen and décor for their tables. Pechanga will supply warmers and chaffing dish for each restaurant as requested.
- Each restaurant agrees to comply with Pechanga Resort Casino Fire Department restrictions and requirements.
- A representative from each restaurant must attend a walk-through site meeting. Date TBD.
- Each winner will be featured in a video to be posted on the Visit Temecula Valley website, social media pages, a press release, as well as other publicity opportunities that may arise.
- All restaurants will have a 10x10 space with pipe and drape, one table, a waste receptacle.
- All restaurants are responsible for set up and clean up of booth area.
- All restaurants must comply with both health department and fire code regulations.
- Representatives from the restaurants are not permitted to consume any alcohol during the event.
- All load in will take place at The Summit Loading Dock – map will be provided.
Vehicles should park in the East Parking Structure. Not valet will be allowed for vendors.
Acceptable Cooking Appliances:
Open Flame Cooking, Ignition Sources CFC 305, 308, 605. Operation of any electrical cooking appliances (i.e. ovens, stoves, grills, hot plates, deep fryers, skillets, etc.) and all demonstrations using these appliances must be isolated away from the public or protected with a clear plastic shield. The shield must be placed along the front and sides of the appliance. A fire department permit is required for the use of propane or butane for cooking purposes. Use of deep fat fryers or other cooking process using oil requires a Class K fire extinguisher within 30 feet and approval from the PRC Safety Officers.