Learn more about the nomination process below. Also, make sure to familiarize yourself with all of the Xenia Award categories before submitting your nomination.
- Self-nominations are now accepted in all categories.
- To nominate a business, individual or yourself for this honor, you must be an owner or employee of a business that is a VTV member in good standing.
- Consider the nominees accomplishments for the year 2020-2021 only.
- Nominee should be a business, individual or yourself who meets the criteria of the award.
- Past award winners of the Welty Professional of the Year, Ambassador, Culinary Champion, Hospitality, and Social Media Awards are not eligible to win again in the same category for two (2) consecutive years following their win. Past award winners of the Cilurzo Winery of the Year Award are not eligible to win again in the same category for five (5) consecutive years following their win.
- All nominations will be accepted by submitting online by the deadline. Nominee access to the application process will be available upon nomination.
- All information submitted is subject to verification by the Hospitality Committee Chairperson and VTV staff. Cilurzo Winery of the Year Award will include the Selection Committee in the verification process.
- Nominees for the Welty Professional of the Year, Ambassador, Culinary Champion, Hospitality, Social Media Award, the Golden Tap Brewery of the Year Award, and The Resilience Award do not need to be a Visit Temecula Valley members. Nominee for the Cilurzo Winery of the Year Award may only be awarded if they are members of both Visit Temecula Valley and the Temecula Valley Wine Growers Association as “Full Winery Members”.
Not a VTV member? Click here for more information.
Welty Award for Tourism Professional of the Year
Recognizes a person who has made a significant contribution to the tourism industry through innovation, inspiration, and industry leadership. This award is presented at the Temecula Valley Chamber of Commerce Awards Gala.
Awarded to an individual who encouraged tourism and/or secured a major convention or event in Temecula that has generated significant impact for the region.
Cilurzo Award for Winery of the Year
Recognizes a winery operating in the Temecula Valley, who routinely offers an exceptional guest experience through its wine, winery & vineyard's quality and appearance, and philanthropic endeavors for the betterment of the community. Please click here to review the award rules, process and standards closely before completing this application.
The Golden Tap Brewery of the Year
The award will recognize Brewers, Distillers, breweries, or distilleries, who produce great beer or spirits, build strong local partnerships, and provide service excellence and valuable industry education to local visitors and residents. Click here for more information.
Champion Culinary Award
Awarded to a locally-owned restaurant or a chef operating in the Temecula Valley demonstrating exceptional dining experiences through its service excellence, innovation and culinary offerings. The recipient of this award will be actively involved in the community through their philanthropic activities.
Awarded to a tourism organization who demonstrated outstanding hospitality to visitors and exhibits a team spirit in promoting travel, tourism and the growth of Temecula.
Social Media Award
Awarded to an organization that has had significant impact, through social media, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat or tourism-related blog promoting Temecula.
New Award - The Resilience Award
The Resilience Award recognizes an individual or a company who has demonstrated an exemplary response to the pandemic to ensure the well-being of employees, customers, and the community through resilience and innovation. This individual or company pivoted and thrived in the face of adversity by strategically rethinking their business model to shift rapidly in the face of the pandemic response.