TEMECULA, CA; (July 15, 2013)---Governor Jerry Brown's endorsement of the 9th Annual California Wine Month sparks a month-long vinous celebration across the Golden State, and Temecula Valley's 35 wineries invite fans to explore the Southland's premier wine country in style. Those with a taste for adventure can take advantage of the Sip Passport, which visitors can exchange for a full tasting flight at any four wineries for just $35; or, to experience the best of Temecula's wine, food and entertainment in one spectacular evening, guests can participate in CRUSH, the Valley's annual gastronomic gala, to be held for a second year on Callaway Winery's hilltop patio.
September Sip Passport
● When: Valid September 1-30; visits may be concurrent or spaced throughout the month.
● What: Voucher for a full tasting flight at any four participating Temecula Valley wineries; includes souvenir wine glass. See TemeculaWines.org for details.
● Tickets: $35 per person for Sip Passport; Sip & Stay packages offer discounts on overnight accommodations at participating wine country hotels. See TemeculaWines.org for details and to purchase.
4th Annual CRUSH Gala
● When: Saturday, September 14 from 7-9:30 p.m.
● Where: Callaway Winery: 32720 Rancho California Road, Temecula, CA 92591
● What: Gala event bringing together 35 Temecula Valley wineries; fine cuisine from more than a dozen local chefs, farms and restaurants; and live entertainment to set the mood.
● Tickets: All-inclusive tickets are $75 per person; early bird tickets are $65 now through August 16; VIP Tickets are $100 and include admittance to the pre-event Winemakers Roundtable seated panel discussion and exclusive winemaker tasting.
Visit TemeculaWines.org and click on Events to purchase Sip Passports and CRUSH tickets.
"September is the most beautiful time of year to visit wine country," says Nick Palumbo, owner/winemaker of Palumbo Family Vineyards and president of Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association. "The beginning of our harvest season is evident everywhere and the excitement level is high. Visitors have a good chance of seeing grapes being processed into wine or gondolas towed by tractors along the wine country roads."
About Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association
Comprising 35 wineries and more than 60 wine growers, Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association is a nonprofit regional organization dedicated to increasing awareness of the quality wines and wine grapes grown in Temecula Valley and South Coast Appellations. Officially established in 1984, Temecula AVA (American viticultural area) consists of 33,000 acres, of which approximately 1,300 acres are currently planted to commercial vineyards. Known as Southern California's wine country, Temecula Valley is located in Riverside County just one hour from San Diego, Orange County and Palm Springs. Temecula Valley wine country is easily accessible from Highways 15 and 79, and welcomes day visitors as well as overnight guests, wedding parties, meeting groups and hot air balloon enthusiasts. Learn more at TemeculaWines.org.
About California Wine Month
California Wine Month in September was created by the Wine Institute and the California Association of Winegrape Growers and proclaimed by Governor Jerry Brown to highlight the state's rich wine history and all that its vintners and growers add to the lifestyle and economy of the Golden State. Dozens of wineries and wine regions throughout the state celebrate California Wine Month each September with special tastings, events and offers. Learn more at DiscoverCaliforniaWines.com.