Member Press Releases
The Galway Downs International Three-Day Event is held at the Galway Downs Equestrian Center on Los Caballos Rd., just east of Temecula.
Here are six reasons why fans will want to be at Galway Downs:
1) The Galway Downs CCI3* is one of only four competitions at the three-star level in North America, and the only one west of the Mississippi River. In the CCI3*, you'll get to watch some of the best riders in the country, including Buck Davidson, a member of the 2014 World Equestrian Games team and the 2013 Galway Downs winner, and Boyd Martin, a member of the U.S. teams at the 2012 Olympics and the 2010 and 2014 World Equestrian Games. They're bringing horses from their Pennsylvania bases to go against the best of the West Coast, including Gina Miles, the individual silver medalist at the 2008 Olympics.
2) You can enjoy the thrill of the cross-country phase from three oasis locations set in prime spots all around the course, with transportation between them. At each one you can sample food from one of three of the San Diego area's most popular food trucks (Super Q, Two For The Road and Chop-Sooey), along with local beers and wines. The food trucks will be on the grounds for Sunday's show jumping too.
3) It's a musical weekend. On Wednesday and Saturday nights, local musicians will be entertaining old fans and new fans in the ringside tent. Guilty Conscience will be the headline act on Saturday night. Musicians will also perform at each of the oasis locations during the cross-country competition. And Friday night will feature a special Halloween celebration-costumes encouraged.
4) You'll get to watch international competition at three levels-the CCI3*, the CCI2* and the CCI1*. Galway Downs is the only event in the world that runs all three levels on the same weekend. Thursday and Friday are for the precise dressage phase, Saturday features the challenges of cross-country, and Sunday is for the decisive show jumping finale.
5) Another 300 horses will be competing at four national levels. Galway Downs is four days of non-stop, three-phase equestrian competition, in a beautiful location, just 10 minutes east of I-15.
6) You can shop too. In the expanded trade fair, you'll find numerous vendors, including equestrian clothing, jewelry, dog rescues, hotels, specialty boots and purses, and high-end fashion. Or you can try saddles from CWD and Devoucoux, and you can find out about insuring your horse or farm from Equine Insurance of California. Professional's Choice and John Deere (the official tractor supplier of Galway Downs) will also be there.
CWD, Devoucoux, Equine Insurance of California and the PRO Tour are the Presenting Sponsors of the Galway Downs International Three-Day Event.
The Gold Medal Sponsors are: California HorseTrader, MD BarnMaster, Ian Stark Equestrian Centre, John Deere, Professional's Choice and Sunsprite Warmbloods.
The Silver Medal Sponsors are: Charles Owen, Embassy Suites-Temecula, Holiday Inn Express, Majyk Equipe, SmartPak and Temecula Creek Inn.
The Bronze Medal Sponsors are: American Medical Response, American Horse Trials Foundation, Auburn Laboratories, Boulevard Magazine, California Riding Magazine, Finish Line Horse Products, Freedom RV Rentals, Geranium Street Flowers, Point Two Air Jackets, Ride On Video, San Luis Rey Equine Hospital, Triple Crown Nutrition and Voltaire Design.
The Friends of Galway Downs are: Copper Meadows, Eventing Training Online, Success Equestrian Pads and The Chronicle of the Horse.
General admission for the Galway Downs International Three-Day Event is only $10 per day in advance, $15 at the gate, with children under 12 free when accompanied by a paying adult.
For more information on the Galway Downs International Horse Trials, visit www.galwaydowns.com or call 951-303-0405. To learn more about eventing, visit the U.S. Eventing Association's website (www.useventing.com).
Reporters and photographers who wish to cover the 2014 Galway Downs International Three-Day Event need to contact the press officers (above) prior to Oct. 28, 2014, to receive credentials.
Contact Press Officers John Strassburger & Heather Bailey